- It is likely to be the first third-generation blockchain to reach out to the market.
- Unique features:
- It has parallel processing that is good for scalability.
- It has no transaction fees, block producers paid out by inflation.
- There is an inflation build in the token model, which will help the block producers earn incentives when performing their work.
- It will also have a process for the recovery of an account if you tend to lose your private keys. It will make human readable account names.
- EOS has a massive reserve so far. Due to its initial coin offerings, it has earned billions of dollars. The platform has created a large ecosystem fund with this reserve.
- Companies and organizations can easily make decentralized applications with the help of this platform.
- The on-chain governance system will lead to more politics, as you need to garner a lot of votes to become one of the block producers.
- It may not be as decentralized as say, ETH, as it can have only 21 block producers.
EOS has a lot going for it. This is why it raised over $700 million in its ICO in the first place. You already know how to buy eos coin by now. Whether you should buy and hold, is a decision that will require more deliberation, as with any other cryptocurrency.